Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to sell a timeshare APVC membership

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have a APVC Accor Premier Vacation Club silver membership and we are now considering selling as we have moved overseas due to family crisis and don't use it at any more.
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to sell the membership. We thought of Ebay but wondered if there were any other sites we should try.

Cheers and thanks.
    Andrew and Lyn

Hello, there are a few timeshare resellers you can try but I think your best bet is ebay in Australia.
    A few sites you could try are:
    Timeshares.com.au :: Timeshare Resorts, Sales & Rental, Australia
    Weeks For Sale, Australian Timeshare Resales, Sales of Timeshares, Holiday Club Points for Australian Resorts
    Welcome to Timeshare by Dawnbill
    Units for Sale - Listings
    Syd

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
      Hi,
      Wow that was quick. Thanks for your help. We will give it a go and see what happens.
      Cheers
      Andrew and Lyn

Comment

How many pts do you have and how much did you want for it?
        If you check out a few of the sites, you'll see that there are a few memberships for sale. That will give you a rough indication of the resale price.
        Syd

Comment

Hi Sydney,
          We looked at some of the other sites selling APVC silver memberships and the going rates seem to be between 10 and 12K. There are some advertised cheaper however these seem to be a little dubious (Still under finance or don't have the available points). We currently have 6000 points available. The silver membership gives you 3000 per annum.

Comment

Another site you could try is Redseason.com.au - Worldmark South Pacific (Wyndham/Trendwest) and Accor (APVC) memberships at discount prices. They buy the membership and then resell it to others, so do not act as an agent. I'm not sure what price they would want to buy or even if they are at the moment but it's also worth a try shooting them an email.

Good luck!
            Syd

Comment

We did contact Redseason and they are happy to purchase the membership however the price they were willing to pay was far less than I would like to sell for. I have seen Redsseason advertise and they are also asking around the 10K mark for a silver membership. Although they offered us substantially less than this. I know they have to make a profit and they have the cost of running a business but I feel that their markup is quite high. If I was in a hurry to sell and didn't care about the financial loss then It would be ok to deal with them. As I am not in a rush I will advertise myself and see what happens. I am happy to look at offers from other people although they would have to be reasonable. I think whilst Redseason take the hassle away their offer was a little too low for us.
              Thanks for the tip Sydney. I always appreciate help.

Cheers )

Comment

Andrew & Lyn

Hi Guys, Was just looking at your add & though I ask for some help as I need to sell my membership as well. I just got a quote from that redseason & oh my god they want to give nothing for it. If you dont mind me asking What did they quote you as you have a silver mem & I have gold so I just wondered what the diff was between the two to rebuy of course you dont have to tell me but any help & insight on how to sell this package would be appreciated.
                Kind regards omi & scott

Comment

Omi and Scott, welcome to timeshareforums.

I recently bought an APVC membership (resale). I watched the resale sites for quite some time prior to buying - here are some of my notes about sales from February to May 07.

17 May 07. "The last Platinum membership sold through "Redseason" for
                  $15 950 and "eBay Australia" $14 000 ( item no. 220108843358). A Bronze sold 9 May on eBay for $4950 (item no 150117466588).
                  A Platinum also sold for $13 500 before it went to auction on eBay. The
                  seller put her home email address in the advert (this is illegal, but she
                  got away with it) and managed to sell it, then withdrew the advert
                  altogether from eBay. I contacted her just after it sold and she told me
                  what it sold for."

Since May, there have been a few sales on eBay, mostly Bronze and selling for around AU $4,500.00 - $5,500. You can do an "Advanced Search" on eBay, Keyword field - enter apvc accor, select the option "any of these words", then select "Completed Listings only". This will show you what has been advertised, for how much and whether it sold.

The prices seem to have dropped in the last few months on ebay and also Redseason. Gold is now for sale at $11 950 with 8000 points (Redseason). IMHO Redseason has a lot of appeal to buyers because they take care of the entire transaction. All fees are included in the sale price (Transfer $250 + Stamp Duty). They guarantee to buy back the membership in 30 days for full price (less transfer costs) if the buyer is not satisfied and will guarantee to buy back 30 days to 1 year at 75% of purchase price. I got this info off their website. I guess this is why their offer to you was lower than you expected.

My suggestion would be to list your membership on eBay at a lower price than Redseason. Include the transfer costs and stamp duty, (contact the NSW State Revenue Office for cost of stamp duty).
                  1300 139 814
                  Phone: 02 9689 8280 (fax)
                  duties@osr.nsw.gov.au

I contacted a lot of eBay sellers prior to buying and found that very few had any idea of the process involved in the sale (which was disconcerting to say the least). If you do decide to use eBay, I would suggest you research the process carefully so that you can advise buyers with confidence. Paypal does not provide much protection to buyers and "non tangible" items are not accepted for escrow. I didn't find an Australian "closing company" like the US people often talk about.

I have not seen any other successful "sales" of APVC in the last 6 months on the Aussie websites.

Timeshares.com.au :: Timeshare Resorts, Sales & Rental, Australia has many memberships for sale at a variety of prices.

I have watched this site regularly and have not seen a sale yet. The ones that have SOLD signs on them have all been there since I discovered this site in February.

If you do decide to list on another resale site - I did try to make contact with many of them and got no response whatsoever.

Many people will take your money to list for you and make no attempt to
                  sell it, so make sure you try to "BUY" from the existing adverts before you
                  even consider paying the site to list yours - some are scams.

Hope this info helps.

Comment

These people might sell APVC membership for you.
                    Australian Timeshare Resales, Sales of Timeshares, Holiday Club Points for Australian Resorts
                    Syd

Comment

www.austimeshare.com/]Australian Timeshare Resales, Sales of Timeshares, Holiday Club Points for Australian Resorts
                      I think this group are the newest players on eBay (Aust) selling resale. They have been undercutting Redseason for a month or two. Definitely a group for buyers to watch. Not sure about sellers.

Comment

Timeshare resale company in Asia Pacific

I have also been looking for a timeshare resale company to sell my timeshare in Thailand. Here is another one that you might want to add to the list. Sell Your Timeshare With Asia Pacific Resales

Cant really comment on how good they are as I have only just listed with them. They also list Australian timeshares for sale.

Comment

Working...
                        X