Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantas NY to Australia deal - thanks for post

Lawren,
    Thanks for the heads up on the Quantas deal - Actually my son thanks you very much.
    My older son works for NYU, lives in the city but met a girl from Melborne at a conference in Mexico the year before last and to make a long story short they have been carrying on a long distance relationship for the past year and a half. They got together again in Aug/September last year in Singapore at the same conference and spend another 10 days touring Singapore/Malayasia together. (this conference rotates between North America, Europe and Asia each year) Next year it is in Germany and they plan to attend the conference and then travel for a couple of weeks in Europe together. My son told my wife, "I found a girl that I think could be the one and the only way she could live further away is if she was on another planet!"
    Anyway, I mentioned the Quantas deal to him kind of just kidding him saying I thought he would be on his way. He called us the other nite and said that he booked a trip to Brisbane the end of may. His girlfriend is going to go there from Melborne and meet him as it is winter there then and I guess it is warmer in Brisbane than in Melborne. They have been trying to figure out how to see eachother before September when the next conference is.
    Oh to be young!!
    Anyway thanks Lawren for the heads up and my son also says thank you.
    ken H.,Ballston Lake, NY
    My photo website: www.kenharperphotos.com
    Wyndham Atlantic City, NJ 8/7-8/14/14
    Australia-New Zealand 10/15-11/2/14 (some TS some hotels)

talk about long distance romances!

Glad it worked for your son Ken. I'm sure he'll enjoy his visit.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Wow. That's great!!!

Yes, it'll be much warmer in Brisbane than Melbourne in Winter.
      Syd

Comment

Working...
      X