Cyclone Larry Hits Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclone Larry Hits Australia

The area of Cairns has lost power as cyclone Larry hit just south of Cairns this cyclone it has up to 300KLS winds and the cadigre is the highest there is (5) and is reported to be one of the worst in a 100 years and to make matters worst there is another one forming just out to sea and expected to come in to the same area people have been told to get to higher ground as there will be a tide surge and there will be flooding in low areas I am a bit worried about this as my brother and his wife are holidaying in Cairns at the moment talking to him last night they was warned to take there hire car back as there is no insurance for water damage on them over here and the under ground hotel car park is expected to flooded so this bad news for the area

Chubby,

Hope all is well with your brother and his wife.

Reports I read said Cairns missed the brunt of it. The smh had initial reports which I read, and I was recording 2UE to listen to it at work tomorrow and heard a snippet as I went to check if it was still recording.

Regards,

Mark.
    Mark B.

Comment

Sounds like it was pretty powerful.

I hope all our friends, Sydney and her family and anyone in reach of that storm are able to make it through. Prayers and hopes are with them all.
      Life is short, live it with this awareness.

Comment

Yes, it is because we see it here on FOX. More weather related disasters because Hawaii was on the news too.

Let us know if you are OK from down under?

Comment

I heard it is hiting 180 mile an hour winds. Hope you guys are safe down under.
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Chubby, I hope your brother and his wife are ok.

We're a long, long way away from Cairns in Victoria. Thanks for your concern Katiemack.
            Syd

Comment

Glad to hear from you, Lang. We here in the US have seen some photos, and it looks like it hit hard...but your folks seemed to respond better....one news report said it was because they had seen how badly we were prepared and evacuated during Katrina...in any event, I am happy to hear from you. Chubby, have you heard anything from your kin?
              Life is short, live it with this awareness.

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for the concerned messages both my brother and his wife are ok just got a mobile phone call at1.30pm today Cairns is in a mess they had to stay in the hotel for the last 26 hours the hotel was one of the safest places to stay in they were told
                The town of Innisfail some 80KLS south got the eye of the cyclone and it is flattened nearly all builds wrecked it is a mess we seen it on tv this morning the only good thing is there was no deaths so far

Again thanks for your concern Les or chubby

Comment

Working...
                X