Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a Canadian trip (Montreal? Toranto?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a Canadian trip (Montreal? Toranto?)

Ok I have never been to Canada other than a pass- through for a cruise.

Thinking that maybe Montreal or Toranto might be nice- We are not planning on skiing or golfing.. but would do like tourist stuff, museums, outdoors

Does anyone have any recommendations for Timeshares? Itineraries?

Toronto is a very nice city. Lots to do there. Niagara Falls is about 90 miles south, and worth the trip (also see niagara on the lake, wineries, etc). i have seen one ts for niagara falls through dae (looked like a large house, converted). i am not aware of ts near toronto.

no info on montreal at all. sorry.

Comment

I have visited both Toronto and Montreal. I spent a month in Montreal. I far prefer Montreal. Toronto is just another city. Niagara falls is worthwhile seeing. I have been there 3 times. Montreal is very interesting.
      John

Comment

A trip that included Montreal and Quebec City would be wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by eal
          I agree. We did this trip several years ago. Spent part of the week in Montreal, and a couple of nights in Quebec City. Took the train from Montreal to Quebec City and back.
          Luanne

Comment

Being a Canadian and having been to Toronto and Montreal I would say Montreal is a better bet. If you do go to Toronto, would recommend staying outside of the city somewhere north like Collingwood or Barrie area. As mentioned Niagara Falls is also a beautiful visit and not far from the Toronto/Barrie areay.

I stay at Carriage Hills or Carriage Ridge when I go through SVS, so depending on what you are looking for and when I might be able to get you a good deal.

Comment

Both Toronto and Montreal are amazing cities. I prefer Toronto because there is so much going on there. Canada's wonderland is a nice theme park if you have kids. It is just north of Toronto. The zoo, museums, and theaters are wonderful as well. The wineries,and attractions in the Niagara region are slightly over an hour away. Niagara on the Lake is a small town worth seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by eal
                I'm in total agreement with this...the culture is different and interesting, and there is so much to see and do.

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
                  I'm in total agreement with this...the culture is different and interesting, and there is so much to see and do.
                  I am considering a similar trip and maybe soon. Would five nights be enough or do you think we'd need more to do both Montreal and Quebec City?

Comment

I would say no myself. Went to Quebec city Last July with my Mom and Niece. Without even going to Montreal we had more than enough stuff to do. Cayon St Anne is amazing, as are the waterfalls. When we went Quebec City has a free Cirque De Soleil show and among other things. There is also a pretty big drive between Quebec and Montreal I would say to do any day trips.

We stayed at Condo-Québec Au Scandinave in St. Ferreol Les Neiges about 30 minutes outside of Quebec City through my BlueGreen HotWeeks. A little outdated and could probably use an update. Gives the feel of converted apartment buildings but not recently renovated.

Comment

My cousin just came back from Canada, attending a wedding in Waterton...and the pics showed it was amazing!!!

Comment

I'm thinking about taking a trip there as well! Should I go in the winter or summer?

Comment

Depends on what is of interest to you. Montreal has a lot of festivals where summer has jazz festival and just for laughs and winter has winterlude in quebec and another one in Montreal.

I would probably stay in hotels rather than TS for Toronto, Montreal and Quebec city. No timeshares within the city and at least 1+hr away if you really want TS. If you just want the highlights you can do 2-3 cities in a week.
                          Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffery View Post
                            I'm thinking about taking a trip there as well! Should I go in the winter or summer?
                            Depends what you want. Personally, I would never go in the winter because we are warm weather folks and Montreal is very cold in the winter. There is an underground city connected by the metro because of the cold winters. I was there in the summer and it was great. I stayed in a hotel right downtown.
                            John

Comment

Summer is the best time unless you are a hockey fan like I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X