Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black bear attacks timeshare owner in Whistler..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black bear attacks timeshare owner in Whistler..

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Story never mentioned which property, but does state that the animal was located and destroyed.
    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

We don't have black bears, but we had a coyote about a block and a half from our house yesterday afternoon. First one I have seen in quite a while.
    Fern Modena
    To email me, click here
    No one can make you feel inferior without your permission--Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
      We don't have black bears, but we had a coyote about a block and a half from our house yesterday afternoon. First one I have seen in quite a while.
      That's creepy right? Where i live we have wildlife everywhere...Possoms, squirrels, Pigeons, heck we even get loose cats every now and it's scary to know that any day i could walk outside and see a loose Tabby cat sitting in my front yard ready to attack!

Comment

Better add Canada to the list of countries not to visit because of dangers to tourists.
        “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
          Better add Canada to the list of countries not to visit because of dangers to tourists.
          Excellent idea.

Comment

I like Canada and BC is on my to do list. Pictures I have seen from BC look amazing. I have been to the East side of Canada a doz times and have enjoyed each trip. I find it very clean and the people very friendly EH
            Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I think the issue was that the guy had just attended an owner's update, and still smelled strongly of sales weasel!

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
              ~Earl Wilson

Comment

It was Montebello II - a quartershare that owners often exchange one week at a time with RCI.

Ha Ha! Smelling of timeshare weasel - too funny!

Comment

We saw several bears when we visited Whistler a few years ago. The first one was literally walking through the patio of the restaurant where we were eating (outside).
                  Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by rikkis_playpen View Post
                    I think the issue was that the guy had just attended an owner's update, and still smelled strongly of sales weasel!
                    Good one!!
                    shaggy

Comment

Yes, and better avoid Washington state, too. Last year we had a 600+ pound bear killed a few miles from our home. We have bear, bobcats cougars, coyotes, and a host of smaller animals, but never have had an "incident". BTW, we've also been up to BC - Jasper and Banff - w/o incident. If you want to avoid and thread of wildlife, better stay locked up in your apartment!

Comment

I believe that post from T. R. Oglodyte should be read with a healthy dose of sarcasm. It's a bit of a running gag on TS4Ms that most media coverage for the timeshare industry in general is often written with little intent to inform, but instead with the intent to sensationalize and exaggerate a situation.

I believe this "tabloid" trend of modern journalists isn't targeting timeshares- but just a result of a culture shift which rewards juicy soundbites and headlines that are 140 characters or less. The calm elegance of Walter Kronkite would probably never be considered as even employable by most TV producers. The two clips below are perfect examples..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8Q3cqGs7I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YktixWvXiTE

I post links to news stories and articles that involve timeshares in one way or another, and normally I don't provide much if any comments to those links. A little humor and sarcasm in response is welcome and appreciated, and probably necessary to provide a counter balance to the "bad news" that is out there.

~Earl Wilson

Comment

When black bears begin carrying automatic weapons and smuggling drugs, I'll avoid Canada.
                          Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dougp26364 View Post
                            When black bears begin carrying automatic weapons and smuggling drugs, I'll avoid Canada.
                            I support the right to arm bears.
                            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Working...
                            X