Morritt's Tortuga Club Amenities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morritt's Tortuga Club Amenities

Less than a week for my trip to Grand Cayman and super excited.

I can not however seem to find any good information regarding internet at the resort. Their website says they have it in the business centre, but nothing about costs or if there is wi-fi anywhere else. I know that working is frowned upon while on vacationing , however I have an assignment for one of my courses that is due by the 28th. I am likely not going to get it done before I leave and will need to complete some of it down there. I just want to plan ahead, so if there is a cost I can account for it.

Does anyone know the quality or price of the internet there?

There may not be any wifi in the units at Tortuga, but it's been a while since I was there last. They have it in the Grand units, but you have to rent a device to plug into the ethernet in the units. Grayfal or Lawren may have more current info on Tortuga.

In this day and age, wifi should be standard everywhere but some timeshares are slow (like turtles ) to get with the new millenium.

Comment

If I recall when I was there some years back I think it was free internet on there Computers in the main building. There maybe a charge now.

One thing if you like to have drinks bring a bottle cause there were no bargains to purchase bottles at the stores.
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

You can get wireless in the Tortuga units. The charge I think was about $40 for the week and only one devicce can be connected at a time. I was there two years ago. Four years ago at the Grand I could not get my laptop to communicate with their internet (I had special software loaded because of work and we thought that was keeping us off). The computers in the business center are not free; I think there were about $5 per hour.

Joy
        “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Wireless at Tortuga Club and Grande is $7.99 per day per device.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Wireless worked extremely well in the Tortuga units furthest from check-in area. No weekly break on the rate.
            Lawren
            ------------------------
            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

You can go across the street to the Dunkin Donuts and connect for free.
              Not as convenient as having wifi in the unit but if you can do your assignment and then save it and attach it to an email you can email it for free at Dunkin.
              It even works when they are closed.
              I used it to check email and use my Magic Jack to call home when I was there.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I am hoping to have this stuff done before I leave so I can go internet free but I have come too close to not finish.

Comment

I teeter my cell with my laptop but out of the USA I am not sure how that works
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                    I teeter my cell with my laptop but out of the USA I am not sure how that works
                    I would expect it would be more expensive from Canada. Our data fees are outrageous to begin with and the roaming costs would be a fortune. I`d rather pay the $7.99 even if it really is more like $10. More encouragement for me to get everything done before I leave!

Originally posted by chriskre
                    You can go across the street to the Dunkin Donuts and connect for free.
                    How recent was that Chris, as I read somewhere that the Dunkin had closed.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post

How recent was that Chris, as I read somewhere that the Dunkin had closed.
                      That was March 2012.
                      Sad to hear they closed.

Comment

Question Morritt's Grand Resort ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morritt's Grand Resort ( old RCI # 5930)
                        City: Grand Cayman

Did this resort change to II from RCI, too?

I haven't seen any availability since Morritt's switched to II.

Has anyone seen any units? We exchanged there about 5 years ago and loved it.

Comment

Eric,

They still deposit with RCI. Last one was April of this year.
                          http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...highlight=5930
                          Lawren
                          ------------------------
                          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Dunkin Donuts is definitely gone. The Italian restaurant expanded in to that space.

Comment

Working...
                            X