St. Lucia / Turks n Cacos in Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Lucia / Turks n Cacos in Aug

I have a friend that is asking me about availability during August. Isn't that hurricane season? I'm thinking availability would be OK but who would go there then? Generally, I don't think there is a lot of availability in general for that area, right?

Originally posted by djyamyam View Post
    I have a friend that is asking me about availability during August. Isn't that hurricane season? I'm thinking availability would be OK but who would go there then? Generally, I don't think there is a lot of availability in general for that area, right?
    August is hurricane season, but there are folks who will go there in August just because it's the summer and they have the time. Personally, I would not go near the Caribbean in August because of the heat, but some don't mind. Windjammer Landing in St Lucia would be a coup. There is often availability at Oasis Marigot in St Lucia through RCI, currently Jan - May but I expect an ongoing search would pick it up when it becomes available for August. I don't recall every seeing any Turks and Caicos, but it's lumped in with Dominican Republic so I don't search that region. Take trip insurance.

Comment

Turks and Caicos has occasionally shown up with Sept/Oct availability, last minute. I know because I usually want to knock my head against a wall when I see it

Comment

I would be hesitant to book late summer and fall up until mid-November. Rainy season does not typically mean the occasional shower and St Lucia is a very lush island. Great rainbows though.
        Lawren
        ------------------------
        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Working...
        X