Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best hotel at which to kill a few hours in Charlotte Amalie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best hotel at which to kill a few hours in Charlotte Amalie?

We'll have four hours to kill before the airport at STT this weekend -- shlepping bags so we're looking for a good spot to have lunch and possibly use the beach before hitting the airport... figured a hotel would be best so they can hold our bags... thoughts?
    TIA

Why the Marriott Frenchmans Reef of course.
    Fabulous pool bar and infinitely edge pool.
    Just ask Irenelf and Happymum.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
      Why the Marriott Frenchmans Reef of course.
      Fabulous pool bar and infinitely edge pool.
      Just ask Irenelf and Happymum.
      That's what we were thinking... but wanted to see if there's anything closer to the airport, then we'd take the ferry Charlotte Amalie instead of Red Hook. But sounds like we should do this... how is the beach at the Marriott for people who don't do pools? Or is the pool a saltwater pool? Can we also get to see Bluebeard's Beach Club from here? Address looks like the same road?

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
        That's what we were thinking... but wanted to see if there's anything closer to the airport, then we'd take the ferry Charlotte Amalie instead of Red Hook. But sounds like we should do this... how is the beach at the Marriott for people who don't do pools? Or is the pool a saltwater pool? Can we also get to see Bluebeard's Beach Club from here? Address looks like the same road?
        Since you will be leaving I did not think you would want to actually swim plus you will have your luggage and no car.
        The beach is actually quite separate from the pool bar area. The hotel is set on a bluff overlooking the harbor. Just great views. To access the beach, you would go to the Morningstar Beach Resort (part of the Marriott but down on the beach)
        Because it is such a big resort, I imagine you could get the bellman to hold you luggage "before check in" and wander around the facility. If you are standing in front of the entrance, go to the left toward the ocean and there is an outdoor elevator that will take you down to the beach. To go to the pool, enter the lobby and go toward the left (toward right is check in desk) past the tour desk and outside/down the stairs to the promenade deck, bar and infinity edge pool to the left.

Bluebeard's is very near the Marriott off of the same road. You could go to the pool bar area but you can not use the pool It is a very small resort so your arrival with luggage and no place to put it will be noticeable You are not permitted to use the beach chairs, just sit at the bar which overlooks the ocean.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks, Pat! Marriott it is!

Comment

A fine choice Still have grand memories of the infinity pool/swim up bar and the entire resort....

Comment

Ok, question: Are we talking about the timeshare or the hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by IreneLF View Post
                A fine choice Still have grand memories of the infinity pool/swim up bar and the entire resort....
                Me too! And Glitter - the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
                  Me too! And Glitter - the hotel.
                  Yup
                  Hotel.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Well... We has a lovely break at the Marriott.... Too bad we didn't know our flight would end up CANCELED at the last minute, so we are now at.... Best Western Caribe across from the airport, courtesy of Jet Blue. Could be worse, but I am hearing a lot of airport noise. Not sure what it looks like in daylight, but we are beachfront in what looks like a bay or cove of some sort. Glad I planned on Saturday travel, so not the worst thing. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Comment

Sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                        Well... We has a lovely break at the Marriott.... Too bad we didn't know our flight would end up CANCELED at the last minute, so we are now at.... Best Western Caribe across from the airport, courtesy of Jet Blue. Could be worse, but I am hearing a lot of airport noise. Not sure what it looks like in daylight, but we are beachfront in what looks like a bay or cove of some sort. Glad I planned on Saturday travel, so not the worst thing. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
                        Couldn't get them to spring for the Marriott, huh?

That is a nice bay beach….there is also another hotel right there…some people when they need an extra night stay at those two hotels.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Stranded in paradise. Could be worse .....

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                            Couldn't get them to spring for the Marriott, huh?

That is a nice bay beach….there is also another hotel right there…some people when they need an extra night stay at those two hotels.
                            They wouldn't discuss any other options... We were at the hotel directly across from the airport - no beach except a little manmade beach landing, no access to the bay. Across the bay is another with what looks like a nice beach - I am thinking that might be the sister Best Western, Emerald something? There is a free shuttle between the two but we really didn't have time to do anything before heading back to the airport to try again. And I'm not sure there wouldn't be the same noise across the bay - it may have been from a refinery of some sort rather than the airport - would drive me nuts if I were really staying, but if I needed a night on the way to or from another island it would do.

We got lucky and our 1 pm flight went out to BOS, but the flight from BOS to New York was delayed several hours so I sprinted across the airport, through security again, onto a flight leaving for Newark. Jet Blue did NOT have a good day yesterday - many delays. Jet Boo. Though they did credit us $100 for the canceled flight, and another $50 for the delay in BOS.

Comment

Be careful with those JetBlue Credits. Check your account because I believe they expire after 1 year.
                              Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Working...
                              X