Cayman Compass - Reef Resort joins Wyndham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cayman Compass - Reef Resort joins Wyndham

I met a person that did the presentation this week at the resort and they are already telling 'potential owners" that they will only be able to trade in once every 4 years - Thank you Wyndham/RCI

http://www.compasscayman.com/caycomp...y-hotel-chain/

East End resort joins luxury hotel chain

Reef Resort in East End will become part of the world famous luxury hotel chain Wyndham in a franchise agreement from 2015.

The owners hope the deal, which will involve more than $1 million of renovations, will give the resort name recognition across the U.S. and help bring more visitors to the island.

“We will have much better name recognition in our core market, which is the United States,” said Kel Thompson, managing director of the resort. “When an American hears the name Wyndham, they immediately associate that with a certain level of service and quality.”

The switch will involve changes to the signage as well as renovations over the next three years to fit the Wyndham profile.

Mr. Thompson said he hoped the development would put the East End “on the map.”

He added, “Ownership and management will be untouched and remain the same. Our flying the Wyndham flag will bring a wealth of recognition and exposure that will benefit both our resort and, equally important, the East End area. With this development, East End now has a brand named resort and we are pleased to be the resort to bring that distinction to this district.”

Wyndham is a Texas-based hotel chain with resorts across the U.S. and Canada, as well as in Mexico, Ecuador, Turkey and Germany.

Gaetan Babin and Charlie Thompson, directors of the Reef Resort, said in a joint statement, “We are confident that, as a Wyndham resort, we will exceed expectations as a premier holiday destination for years to come, and look forward to working with the team from Wyndham.

“This new partnership agreement is the beginning of what we are sure will be a long-term successful relationship between the two companies, and we will continue to develop programs to increase benefits for customers.”
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

So will this be going to the CWA inventory only?

Comment

they are already telling 'potential owners" that they will only be able to trade in once every 4 years
      Were their lips moving?

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
        Were their lips moving?
        I believe this is because they are going to RCI Bulk deposits and they will institute a 1 in 4.
        In II, there is no such restriction.
        Of course current owners can continue to deposit in II, but resort despots will be RCI.

Interesting as the Morritt's Tortuga Club and soon Morritt's Grand are now depositing in II (as well as RCI)
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          I believe this is because they are going to RCI Bulk deposits and they will institute a 1 in 4.
          In II, there is no such restriction.
          Of course current owners can continue to deposit in II, but resort despots will be RCI.

Interesting as the Morritt's Tortuga Club and soon Morritt's Grand are now depositing in II (as well as RCI)
          Sales Weasel, I am mean "concierge," at Morritt's told me that soon Morritt's would be II only.

Comment

It will be hard to wrap my head around the Reef being RCI and Morrittt's II.

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
              It will be hard to wrap my head around the Reef being RCI and Morrittt's II.
              True dat!

Comment

Many years ago I found this outfit to be questionable in what they had to say, much more questionable about what their sales staff says.

Comment

Have a friend who works as a concierge at the resort (not sales) What they were led to believe was that only the 'hotel' (rental) portion of the operation would be Wyndham….but I find that hard to believe….I am sure they will be "assimilated" (BORG ) much the way Smugglers Notch has been with unsold inventory being branded as Wyndham and other week owners offered a conversion at a discounted price…..time will tell.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                  X