Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a Morritt's update thread... restaurants, to do's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Great dive info, thanks Lawren!

Has anyone done the Luna Del Mar thing at Kaibo? Apparently it's our last night there.... seems like it could be lovely, or hokey... ?
    Just read the review. It seems they serve their fine dinning menu on the beach....

What I like about Kaibo upstairs is the ambiance and elegance of the setting.

I suggest doing Kaibo upstairs Thursday and go for the full moon party at Tukka if it is indeed that Friday night.

YMM
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
      We rented two compact car from Budget at about the same price each last summer. A Lot cheaper than renting a minivan. No problem what so ever. BTW, Budget also has free wifi in case you need to access, and its office is within walking distance from the airport.

For restaurant, we liked Over The Edge, Lighthouse (our favorite), and Keibo Beach Club (Downstairs). Mimi's was all right. Our table was close to the big speaker. Once they started to play music, the noise became unbearable. We quickly finished our dinner and left. We heard about the Italian restaurant but the night we tried to go, they were not open. We will have to try it out on our next trip.
      Thanks, Lisa!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
        Just read the review. It seems they serve their fine dinning menu on the beach....

What I like about Kaibo upstairs is the ambiance and elegance of the setting.

I suggest doing Kaibo upstairs Thursday and go for the full moon party at Tukka if it is indeed that Friday night.

YMM
        Ok, I'll check out Tukka to see if they're doing a full moon party on Friday (I think the actual full moon is on Saturday, no bioluminescence, again). I did reserve Kaibo Upstairs for two nights already though I'd swap this for one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
          Ok, I'll check out Tukka to see if they're doing a full moon party on Friday (I think the actual full moon is on Saturday, no bioluminescence, again). I did reserve Kaibo Upstairs for two nights already though I'd swap this for one of them.
          It is always nice to eat down on the beach. You can do that as well at Tukka. The moon rising out of the sea from Tukka is amazing....check their Facebook page for pictures.
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

It is always nice to eat down on the beach. You can do that as well at Tukka. The moon rising out of the sea from Tukka is amazing....check their Facebook page for pictures.
            I did see that. So I guess the view is better from Tukka than Kaibo? And it'll be Fresh Fish Friday, which we'll probably need after a week of rich food and tropical drinks

Thanks!

Comment

I just booked Payless Intermediate for $212 per week in March
              Compact would have been $199

Budget was $265 Intermediate and Compact $230ish

Has anyone used Payless?
              And when you use Amex, do you get the second driver free?
              I also have Chase Saphire which has free primary car insurance.
              And I also signed up for Autoslash. Www.autoslash.com Has anyone used them????
              I should ask Luanne, Queen of Car Rentals.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Pat, I'm not as thrilled with autoslash as other people are. I used them once, successfully, in San Diego. But when renting in Hawaii I've always done better with Costco. I've found that if I rent early, and then keep checking, I can usually get a good price. Currently we have a full size for two weeks on the Big Island in April for $318 all in. When I've checked Costco lately rates have been about double that. I did submit again with autoslash, but so far I've heard nothing...........and I don't expect to.
                Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                  Pat, I'm not as thrilled with autoslash as other people are. I used them once, successfully, in San Diego. But when renting in Hawaii I've always done better with Costco. I've found that if I rent early, and then keep checking, I can usually get a good price. Currently we have a full size for two weeks on the Big Island in April for $318 all in. When I've checked Costco lately rates have been about double that. I did submit again with autoslash, but so far I've heard nothing...........and I don't expect to.
                  Thanks..... Costco does not do rentals outside the USA...I think, would have to check again.
                  And what do you do about insurance. CC coverage???
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

Costco is US and Canada
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks..... Costco does not do rentals outside the USA...I think, would have to check again.
                      And what do you do about insurance. CC coverage???
                      Again, we don't rent outside the US. I decline all coverage and hope for the best. Seriously, we use credit card coverage or our own insurance coverage. We'll see how the credit card (Capital One) works as we had a small accident (dh scraped the side of the car when exiting a parking space) in Canada. Claims have been filed with both Avis and Capital One, but we still don't know how much the damage will be.
                      Luanne

Comment

Working...
                      X