Hapimag Amsterdam? Other options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hapimag Amsterdam? Other options?

So it looks like the Burgundy portion of our trip to France is getting scrapped and we may go to Amsterdam for a few days instead. How is the location of the Hapimag there? Are there any centrally located timeshares? We want to be in the city center (or equivalent). Hotel reco's welcome, too. TIA

There used to be an RCI-affiliated timeshare located on the beach, a short and easy train ride from Amsterdam Central Station, but its members voted to disband, sell the property, and divide money. Other than Hapimag (which you would have to rent if you are not a member since they no long trade through DAE and DRI like they used to), there are no timeshare options in Amsterdam.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
      There used to be an RCI-affiliated timeshare located on the beach, a short and easy train ride from Amsterdam Central Station, but its members voted to disband, sell the property, and divide money. Other than Hapimag (which you would have to rent if you are not a member since they no long trade through DAE and DRI like they used to), there are no timeshare options in Amsterdam.
      Thanks, I remember when that place used to come up but we would like to be a little more central anyway. A friend just recommended NH Carlton hotel by the flower market.

Comment

If an apartment could work....

http://www.shortstay-apartment.com/a...=f&bedroom1=on
        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
          Thanks, Ang! We will likely be with another couple, so an apartment might work. We are eagerly awaiting their decision. Might be tough to coordinate bc we are pretty much locked into our dates due to prior planning.

Comment

We've been happy with Priceline in Amsterdam. We also stayed at the Hilton, which was kind of in the suburbs, a short ride to city center, but not as good as being in the center to begin with as we were with the Marriott, which was what we got with Priceline.
            "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Pstreet1 View Post
              We've been happy with Priceline in Amsterdam. We also stayed at the Hilton, which was kind of in the suburbs, a short ride to city center, but not as good as being in the center to begin with as we were with the Marriott, which was what we got with Priceline.
              I was wondering about Priceline. I will check the neighborhood search criteria as well as Biddingfortravel to see if we might be able make that work. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                I was wondering about Priceline. I will check the neighborhood search criteria as well as Biddingfortravel to see if we might be able make that work. Thanks!
                Send Garry, Ireland's Call a pm. He has had much success bidding on eBay for actual hotel certs sold by Marriott for the various European hotels. And I believe he has stayed in Amsterdam. I am going to give this a try for a early summer 2015 trip to Europe.
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Groupon has what looks like some nice offerings for restaurants...Yummy!

http://cities.groupon.nl/amsterdam/?...FQxo7Aod3FIAfQ
                  Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

I know someone I trust and can ask if you e-mail the dates.
                    Lawren
                    ------------------------
                    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

The Marriott in Amsterdam is very close to the Central Train Station so you can walk it easily if you travel light. We noticed this at most Marriotts in each city and country. We used the Eurorail and liked it very much but renting a car is better yet but parking a car is very expensive and hard to find in the center of most cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                        Thanks, I remember when that place used to come up but we would like to be a little more central anyway. A friend just recommended NH Carlton hotel by the flower market.
                        We have stayed at the NH hotels in Siena and Florence and was very pleased with our stays. I would not hesitate to book a NH hotel again.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
                          We have stayed at the NH hotels in Siena and Florence and was very pleased with our stays. I would not hesitate to book a NH hotel again.
                          If we travel with our friends, I think this is where we will end up. I made a cancelable reservation for now.

Comment

Indeed Marriott are still selling on eBay (using a German travel agent with 99% rating ) but have not seen Amsterdam recently. I know NL hotels from other cities and can support the recommendations ..hope all works out well for you .
                            (example from e Bay Marriott Renaissance Paris for $100 per room inc breakfast !!)
                            Enjoy your vacation
                            Garry

Comment

Well, I thought I'd bring this thread back up to date, our friends are joining us and we've each booked at NH Carlton, they were too last minute for us to do anything else and this is the place they always stay. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I just took a look at the Groupons using Angela's link, and I must say that the offering for "body sugaring" sounds uniquely Amsterdam-esque...

Comment

Working...
                              X